Bushcraft and Survival Skills Specialists
We have been awarded Gold Badge status
for the quality of our courses through Craft Courses UK.
Bushcraft and Survival Skills Specialists –
For high quality inspirational training and nothing less
Bushcraft and survival based activities provide an excellent basis for helping people to understand social skills; team and personal development; as well as environmental issues.
Woodland Survival Crafts offers a comprehensive range of bushcraft survival courses designed to educate, challenge and inspire both young and old.
What’s Going On:
Dave will be up in Scotland Running an IOL Bushcraft Competency Assessment 2nd and 3rd May at Wiston Lodge.
Small Roundwood Construction
This two day course aims to give you the confidence and understanding of using of using Axes, Froes and Billhooks in order to build simple structures.
The course will cover the following subjects:
- Understanding of different tools/styles
- Safe handtdng of each and experience in a range of ways these tools can be used
- Maintenance of tools including sharpening
- Simple greenwood joints including choices of wood
- Splitting Wood of all sizes from logs to thin wands
- Wattle weaving and framework
Find out more about Small Roundwood Construction
We are always pleased to hear what people think of our courses. Here are just a couple of the comments received after the Shropshire Forest School Conference:
Just a quick line to say thank you so much for the training day last week. Everyone has been buzzing about it. It was truly informative and inspiring. Thanks so much for coming such a long way and giving us such a good day.
Building shelters was an amazing workshop where using simple techniques totally changed the outcome, thus facilitating confidence to put into practice what I learnt.
I thoroughly enjoyed my workshop with Dave, exploring den-making without using any string! It is so important for all Forest School Practitioners to refresh and update our skills, they are the resources we can draw on to support our work. And it is a useful reminder of what it means to be a participant rather than a facilitator. When you can do that alongside a diverse range of other practitioners, too, the learning takes place in so many dimensions. Thank you!
Visit the shop!
Why not visit our shop and see what we have to offer?
The latest addition is a handy booklet entitled ‘Shelter Frames and Campfire Furnishings’, with all the information you need to get you started on those key woodland building projects.
Reasons to choose Woodland Survival Crafts
- Dave is an Approved Bushcraft Trainer and Assessor for the Institute for Outdoor Learning
- Our main instructors are Accredited Practitioners with the IOL
- Dave has become a Leading Practitioner for the IOL. One of the Institute’s highest awards
- Dave has been a writer for the Bushcraft and Survival Skills, Living Woods and Horizons magazines
- Superb Woodlands set in the National Forest providing excellent resources for the many training courses we run