Woodland Survival Crafts
Bushcraft and Primitive Survival Skills Specialists
Bushcraft and survival based activities provide an excellent basis for helping people to understand social skills; team and personal development; as well as environmental issues.
Woodland Survival Crafts offers a comprehensive range of bushcraft survival courses designed to educate, challenge and inspire both young and old.
We have some new courses on our schedule. Adult and Family Bushcraft days provide a great introduction to this inspiring subject, and we also have a Lime Bark Weekend which covers the many uses of this versatile natural material.
The latest addition is Fundamental Woodland Educational Skills, a new series of workshops/courses designed to equip people with the real understanding and confidence in a range of key practical skills and will be ideal for those running Forest School and Bushcraft type activities.
BBC Countryfile Appearance
Dave Watson made an appearance in the 8th August 2010 edition of BBC One’s Countryfile. Dave instructed presenter Adam Henson in the art of shelter building and fire lighting with the bow drill. You can see how Adam got on with his new found skills in this video clip on the BBC website.
Reasons to choose Woodland Survival Crafts
- Dave is an Approved Bushcraft Trainer and Assessor for the Institute for Outdoor Learning
- Our main instructors are Accredited Practitioners with the IOL
- Creators of the Open College Certificate “Woodland Survival Skills (Bushcraft)”
- Dave has become a Leading Practitioner for the IOL. One of the Institute’s highest awards
- Dave has been a writer for the Bushcraft and Survival Skills, Living Woods and Horizons magazines
- Superb Woodlands set in the National Forest providing excellent resources for the many training courses we run
About Dave Watson
Dave's passion for ancient survival skills, or ‘bushcraft’ as it has become known, led him to create Woodland Survival Crafts in 1995. Since then, Dave has witnessed the inspiring effects of learning bushcraft on both young and old.
Courses for individuals, families, beginners and experienced bushcraft practitioners alike
Courses for schools and youth organisations
Courses for management training, team building or just a fun staff day out