Family Bushcraft Weekend 9 – 10th July 2022
9th July 2022
A truly magnificent weekend of “WOWS” for the whole family
An amazing weekend, grasping the basics of Bushcraft from one of the most established schools in the UK.
There is no WIFI in the forest but we promise you will find a better connection
During the weekend you’ll get to:
- Build your own weatherproof shelter from woodland materials you gather
- Learn exciting fire lighting techniques, including successful friction lighting
- Learn about the natural environment and its many resources in uses
- Explore different tracking techniques – what animals will you find?
- Use your ingenuity to create potholders, tables, benches and cook your own food over the campfire
- Play lots of amazing games (you may even win a prize!)
- Get to experience the great outdoors like never before
- Enjoy a special bushcraft challenge
- Create great memories!!
Jerry Dicker, Thornbury
I wanted to write and say how much my daughter and I enjoyed the Family Bushcraft weekend. Dave the tutor was excellent. He kept things moving without pressure. None of the adults felt patronised – we all learnt a lot. None of the children felt out of their depth – they all had a great time. I will recommend the course to my friends.
Dean and Connor Todd
Just a thank you for the family weekend. My son and I appreciated the time given and the skills taught over the 2 days. We look forward to seeing you all again on more courses. Once again many thanks.
Kerry and Antony, Leicestershire
Thanks Dave and Alex for such a fantastic experience at your lovely camp. My son faced his fears of sleeping outside and learnt that nature and insects are sharing our Planet and not just here to bite and scare us!! The dusk walk was very informative and highly enjoyable, seeing bats flying in the sunset was an awesome sight, and learning about the woodlands natural resources for survival was very valuable to my sons development in his life skills. The added entertaining of Dave’s singing by the campfire was a delight, what more can a group of people ask for? We will be back to learn new skills for sure.
About the instructor
Dave Watson has devoted his life to using his bushcraft skills to help develop, train or mentor people from all walks of life. He spent ten years working for outdoor activity centres, before setting up Woodland Survival Crafts in 1995.
Dave's passion for ancient survival skills, or ‘bushcraft’ as it has become known, stems from his teenage years when he spent much of his time wandering around Britain in semi-wild places trying to live off the land. His passion is infectious and his knowledge is endless.