Small Round Wood Construction Course
Giving you the skills and knowledge to create your very own roundwood timber construction
This three day IOL approved course aims to give you the confidence and understanding of using Axes, Froes and Billhooks in order to build simple structures.
During this two-day course, we will work on constructing a simple roundwood hut and use a variety of joints, as well as creating a section of woven panel.
Whether you are a Forest School Leader, Environmental Education Officer, Outdoor Instructor or just want to learn some new skills, you will find the course incredibly beneficial – giving you the skills and knowledge you need to create your very own roundwood timber construction.
The course will cover the following subjects:
- Understanding of different tools/styles
- Safe handling of each and experience in a range of ways these tools can be used
- Maintenance of tools including sharpening
- Simple greenwood joints including choices of wood
- Splitting wood of all sizes from logs to thin wands
- Wattle weaving and framework
Dates for this course are to be confirmed. Watch this space for more information.